Phidgets Motor Encoder Access?
Brayton Miles from United States  [3 posts]
11 year
The Roborealm Motor controller does not seem to have built in encoder support. I am using a http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?category=24&product_id=3274E_0 motor from phidgets with its respective motor controller. I have all the updated dlls and was wondering if anyone knew of how to access the motor encoder value from within roborealm. Since this problem needs to be resolved here shortly, all help and comments are greatly appreciated!
Brayton Miles from United States  [6 posts] 11 year
I have the same issue! Need someone to answer this.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
Brayton,

Are you trying to work the system and also post as a second identity?

STeven.
Haha! Caught me! (Should of posted off a proxy haha) Anyways, I am an tenth grader working on a science fair project. I really need some help working on this issue. My dad and I have been stumped and really need some help. We love roborealm and have been using it for months. All we need is to find out how to access the built in encoders position from inside roborealm. Since science fair is this Tuesday, tommorow is our last day to test out the kite with the logic and we really need help.  Please email me at brayton@outlook.com or just respond in a post. Thanks so much!
By the way, thank you STeven for all of your help!
Can you confirm that you are using

http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?product_id=1065

and that the current RoboRealm Phidgets Motor Control module DOES work with one motor. Just checking since sometimes their software seems like it should interface with multiple boards but doesn't actually do so due to different versions.

If that's the case, we should have something for you tomorrow morning.

If you are in a rush situation, just tell us what date you need something by. Giving us a date to work with helps us determine if things are priority or not (otherwise everyone wants everything yesterday!).

:-)

STeven.
Yes! I am using that 1065 motor controller and I successfully have it working with Roborealm and have been manipulating its speed and acceleration with the VBscript Module. I desperately need the ability to read the motor encoder values and be able to use them inside the VBscript module for closed loop control.
Thanks for the quick response and help!
And my final date for testing is tomorrow afternoon because the fair is on Tuesday and I still have to create a finalized project board!
Brayton,

Good news and bad news. Good news is that we just updated that module to include the encoder count. Bad news is that we don't have the board with the encoder input so we can't test it completely.

Regardless, download the latest version and see if that works for you.

STeven.
Awesome!! Thank you so much! That will allow us to see the exact position of the spindle and allow us to implement our new logic for the kite control. You guys rock!!

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index