Directional close
Dawson from Malaysia  [173 posts]
11 year
Hi Steven,

Is it possible in the Close module to have a feature that allows the user to close in either the horizontal direction or vertical direction only. This would definitely be a good feature. Thanks.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
Dawson,

That's been added to 2.48.22. Give it a try and see if that is what you needed. The result is a bit confusing since a lot of small lines are generated due to the strictly horiz or vert bias.

Note, we also updated the Open module too since its the symmetrical opposite to close.

STeven.
Dawson from Malaysia  [173 posts] 11 year
Fantastic. Will give it a try.
Hi STeven,

There seems to be an issue with the new feature. The directional close seems to effect blobs with specific orientation only instead of the direction of the close function. In the attached example, if you applied a directional horizontal close, the 2 bottom blows don't get joined. Only the vertical blobs seems to expand horizontally while the slightly diagonal blob remains unchanged or unaffected. Logically all blobs should expand horizontally irrespective of blob orientation.
Here is the gif image

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
Dawson,

I tried the horizontal close on your image and it appears to do what we expected it to. (see attached). But perhaps you want something different? Can you change the image manually to what you'd expect it to do and we can then either adapt that module or recommend a different one.

Thanks,
STeven.

My apologies. The close value I was using was way too high i.e. symmetrical horizontal close at value 14. I reduced it to value 4 and it is working as expected. Thanks
I used I big dilate value because I was worried that if the blobs were further apart it would not close. What value do you recommend I use for this image width but the blobs were further apart (closer to the image edge).
Is there a way that the close function can work on a wider range. For example if a high value is given the maximum expansion is that value. Meaning it would still work if the blobs were closer.
Yes the directional symmetrical open is also very useful. Thanks.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index