Roborealm With FRC
gstark from United States  [1 posts]
11 year
Me and my team have been working on camera tracking for the past 2 weeks. We have just tried to switch to roborealm and we have had no success. We have updated to the newest version and we have tried almost everything we can find. We are using java and need any FIRST teams who use roborealm to help us. The main problem isn't getting roborealm to work, we just cannot get values to the robot.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
Are you using SmarDashboard? That can be used to view that values from RoboRealm are being sent to the main network table.

Lets first ensure that all the ips are correct. Run the attached robofile. It is just the network table module. Change that IP address in that module to correspond to 10.X.Y.2 where X and Y are based on your team number (please mention that so we can specify the right IPs). .2 should be the CRio and is the host for the network tables. You may have to wait a bit for a network timeout for the module to see the IP address you typed in. This only happens when you are changing the IP address.

Ensure that a webcam is running by pressing the Camera button and/or selecting your webcam in the Options->Video tab. This is just to ensure that the variable we are sending to the SDB, i.e. IMAGE_COUNT actually changes. Other than that the webcam has no significance for this test.

If you run the attached, with the CRio running a default app and the Smartdashboard running you should see the SmartDashboard pop a text box called IMAGE_COUNT with a number changing. This will be the same variable within RoboRealm that is counting the number of frames the webcam is seeing.

If you can get to that point then you have a solution that works and we can move from there.

Naturally, as you already mentioned, be sure to be running the most recent copy of RR. You should see 2.48.10 in the title bar of RR to ensure that you got the network tables update as of last week.

STeven.

program.robo

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index