Human Detection
Saipol Hadi Hasim from Malaysia  [3 posts]
11 year
Steven,

do you have a example rr program which to detect human with vision sensor? i need your help to develop symple program rr for human detection.....I really appreciate it......tqvm

hadi

Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
If you can use something like a Kinect or Asus Xtion that will certainly be the easiest way to go. Also, thermal sensors are easier than vision. If you have to use vision you'll have to reduce the environment down to more specific requirements before a 'reliable' detector can be created. Most people use face detection as a form of human detection which works quite well. Other than that, movement is another good indication that something is there ... but does not imply that it is a human or not.

So, what's your context for your project? A generic visual base human detector from any angle, height, clothing, appearance is currently not viable.

STeven.
EDV  [328 posts] 11 year
I think you could use AVM Navigator also for Human Detection with helping of "Learn from motion" option: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4uywp5TNrZk#t=92s

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index