Code Laboratories Playstation Eye
Dawson from Malaysia  [173 posts]
11 year
Hi Steven,

I managed to only get a frame rate of 60fps with this camera using the provided module. I get a much faster frame rate of 90fps on the same system (itx D2700MUD) when i use the phillips spc900nc webcam. Any way i could speed up the frame rate of the playstation eye?
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
Dawson,

Keep that spc900 safe! Its the only webcam that we currently know of that can get 90fps and it is not longer available. Nice camera, not sure why its no longer being produced.

Unfortunately, the playstation eye's are hardware rated for a max of 60fps .. so there isn't anything we can do to improve that.

If you want faster frame rates, you will need to check out the machine vision cameras sold by Ximea or Imaging Source which can get very high fps ... naturally, they are are higher cost than a webcam.

STeven.
Dawson from Malaysia  [173 posts] 11 year
That's odd coz the PS3 eye shows a max of 120fps on the interface but keeps defaulting to 60fps when a faster fps is used. On the Code labs website the hardware actually rated a max of 187fps.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
Dawson,

The actual rate is going to depend on many factors. For example, I can get 90 fps but only on QVGA. 75 on VGA.

What rates are you getting?

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index