Media Reader Crashes RR
from United States  [60 posts]
11 year
RR is crashing when the Media Reader module is opened and (1) I click on reset or (2) I click on start with a WMV file selected. It does not matter which WMV is cued to play. The WMV's run under other video software.

This is happening on both my laptop and desktop machines running Win XP SP 3. RR is version 2.48.0 on one machine and 2.47.16 on the other.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
Rud,

Can you post one of the smaller videos here? It seems that there is a format incompatibility with the videos you are using. Having one of those videos would make fixing the problem easier.

thanks,
STeven.
from United States  [60 posts] 11 year
A short video attached.

I am using Prism Video File Converter to go from my cameras MTS to other formats. The option I am selecting is WMV 9. I tried WMV 8 and that works with RR. Hope that helps pin down the difference.
program.robo
I see the upload makes a generic file name. It is a WMV file that I changed to ROBO since I didn't know if WMV would upload as an "image".
Rud,

Can you zip it and upload it here? The forum does not accept anything but images, robofiles and zip files.

thanks,
STeven.
That was totally dumb on my part. Of course! Here it is.
00014.zip
Rud,

We don't seem to be able to replicate the error with .18. Can you try downloading the latest so that we can get a better error report?

It may also be an error that is caused by some other module in your pipeline. If you can include the full robofile (or at least a trimmed down one that causes the error) that will better help too. We are testing it by just using the Media Reader module without any other modules and it seems ok. Based on your error reports, it looks like the error happens after a couple seconds instead of immediately.

Thanks,
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index