kinect color proportional to depth
oscar moya from United Kingdom  [1 posts]
11 year
> I need a software/code that allows kinect to display
> black and white contrast levels proportional
> to depth, so that the screen displays darker
> contrast for objects closer to the depth camera, and
> lighter contrast for objects further away. the background would obviously be totally > bright light. The Kinect module within RoboRealm does something similar but not quite what i need. it does show in darker contrast the contours of objects closer to the depth camera, but not the objects themselves.  is there any code that solves this problem . i would be grateful for any ideas / suggestions or information. i am developing a hardware to aid the blind .   adivinorum@yahoo.com
Oscar
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
Oscar,

So what you are asking for is for the RGB pixels to be overlaid ontop of the depth information? I'm not sure what you mean by "show in darker contrast the contours of objects closer to the depth camera, but not the objects themselves". The contours ARE from the actual objects but not as depicted by the RGB image that you and I see.

How would you expect to see this represented? Would object closer to the camera be lighter than those in the background? What if you have a really bright light in the background ... would that not then be the same intensity as a darker object that is in the foreground?

Perhaps if you have a example image that you can post this would help us understand what you are looking for.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index