Object Detection and License Issues
MaizeBlueGold from Malaysia  [2 posts]
11 year
Dear to whom this may concern,

I've some urgent questions to consult you. I'm using the free trial license to work on object detection. However, out of the 4-5 methods, it seems that only Shape method works thus far. I'm wondering if a purchase of the official single license is necessary for the other methods to work.

Also, is there a way to get the output data from the RoboRealm (i.e. number of objects detected) to pass on to another program? Can we get the entire/partial source code from RoboRealm? If yes, how much will it cost? Thanks.
Steven Gentner from United States  [1446 posts] 11 year
The trial version does not limit the object recognition techniques. Here are some things to consider.

1. Be sure to press the Train button each time you change the technique. It will not train for all techniques, only for the currently selected one (just so that it does not take too long during training).

2. Try to train on a template and then use that exact template image within RR to ensure that training did recognize the template and can even identify the exact image you used to train on. If not, it is possible that the image is just not appropriate for that method.

The last point is an important one, different techniques will use different features about the image in order to identify it. Even if it works under static conditions, it may fail once the object starts moving due to motion blur ...

The best way is to post the template image and a test image here so that we can better understand why the methods may not be working.

Yes, you can pass that information to many other applications without needed the internals of RR. See the API at

http://www.roborealm.com/help/API.php

or various other interface methods at

http://www.roborealm.com/help/Integration.php

which can be used to send info from RR to other systems.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index