single frame image processing?
flathead from Hungary  [5 posts]
11 year
I am just wondering if it is possible to process one image frame only?
I mean, I would like to give a trigger signal (via GUI button, or an RS232 signal), and the roborealm program I wrote, captures one frame from the camera, and does the image processing only on this frame, then stops processing. It would be useful when continuous processing is not necessary, but one single processing of the image is enough. It wold reduce load of the CPU.

For example, there are several PCB-s (printed circuit boards) coming on a conveyor, and there is one component on each of the PCB-s what is have to be identified, but only 1-2 times per minute, not continuously.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
flathead
Anonymous 11 year
Yes, there are a couple ways to do this. One way is to put all your modules around a single IF statement module and assign a variable that when 1 will process all the modules otherwise not. Then your application can switch processing off and on by changing this variable value.

You can also send a pause/resume command using the API ... this will halt the entire system until a resume is sent.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index