AVM Navigator input sources
John Wood from United Kingdom  [67 posts]
12 year
Hi,

Just experimenting with AVM.
Does AVM allow video inputs from the Read_HTTP , when I try the program crashes, though OK on camera.

Cheers
John
Anonymous 12 year
John,

It should work just fine. Most likely its the HTTP module that is having the problem. I assume this is through the ImageSalsa program again?

STeven.
John Wood from United Kingdom  [67 posts] 12 year
Hi Steven,

No, taken of the web,  this video source works with no problems with other modules.
The crash comes three or four seconds after pressing start.
This happens with just the AVM module in the pipeline

I still have a problem with Read.avi this crashes again when I press start.
though the avi's play OK all my players.

Do you think a re-install may cure the problem?

Cheers
John

i5,64bit,win7

log attached does not show the AVM problem for some reason only the Read.avi problem

Hi Steven,

No, taken of the web,  this video source works with no problems with other modules.
The crash comes three or four seconds after pressing start.
This happens with just the AVM module in the pipeline

I still have a problem with Read.avi this crashes again when I press start.
though the avi's play OK all my players.

Do you think a re-install may cure the problem?

Cheers
John

i5,64bit,win7

log attached does not show the AVM problem for some reason only the Read.avi problem

EDV  [328 posts] 12 year
Unfortunately but I did not test AVM Navigator module on Windows 7 64-bit (it was tested only on win32 platforms).

Is there crash if in pipeline only AVM Navigator?
AVM works OK with a usb cam no problem.
As I mentioned just certain video feeds that are an issue..

I will do further test if I see a pattern then I will let you know, it may help resolve the issue.

I can live with it if a 64bit W7 problem. I was experimenting with the AVM module..If there is a fix great.

I may install XP as I do not like other issues that are thrown up with W7 though most may be the 64bit..

Thanks
John
EDV  [328 posts] 12 year
I try to understand what combinations of modules lead to crash?
Read_HTTP + AVM Navigator -> crash comes three or four seconds after pressing start.

What if Read_HTTP module changes the width and height of input image for AVM module to different unexpected values from time to time?

Can you check IMAGE_WIDTH and IMAGE_HEIGHT variable values and also look into log window that is placed on AVM Navigator dialog?
EDV  [328 posts] 12 year
I think you should use the latest version of AVM Navigator v0.7.4 for testing.

>> Hi, how do I update AVM Navigator. I purchased it last version.

You had to receive download link after registration on RoboRealm site.
Just use this link for downloading recent version of RoboRealm package with AVM Navigator.

You could also start RoboRealm application and then click "Option" button and further click "Download Upgrade".
Hi Steven,

One problem solved, I reloaded AVM and works great..

Just the avi issues to resolve..

I have tried numerous payable avi  and mov files, placing them in folders/ desktop and nothing else in the pipeline as soon as Start is selected the error "make sure it exists or playable"..

Are there any codecs that may solve the problem even though playable on my players..

Cheers
John

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index