Using the reduce colors module from within visual basic .net
Pranav from India  [9 posts]
12 year
Hi all,
I am interfacing with roborealm using visual basic .net. How do i run the reduce colors module or filter? (Not sure what the correct term is)
I see an executeFilter routine in the examples but I cannot see how to use the reduce colors module anywhere. I want to load an image, apply reduce colors to it and then save the output to disk. I can load an image without any problems but applying the reduce colors module remains a mistery.

Pranav
Anonymous 12 year
Pranav,

There are many ways to accomplish this using the API.

1. You can load in a robofile that has that module in it using the API
2. You can send the robofile (its just a text XML) to RR using the API
3. You can set RR to startup and autoload a robofile with that module it in (options->startup tab).

So you do not 'call' the reduce color module directly but instead provide RR with meta information that tells it to execute that module.

Note that you can always get the RR config set, save it as a .robo file and then use a text editor to view that content. The information in that file is what you would send via the execute function in the API.

STeven.
Pranav from India  [9 posts] 12 year
Hi STeven,
<snip
Note that you can always get the RR config set, save it as a .robo file and then use a text editor to view that content. The information in that file is what you would send via the execute function in the API.
PL] Many thanks for this. How do I get the rr config set?

Pranav
Pranav from India  [9 posts] 12 year
Hi STeven,
Please ignore my previous message. I got my answer after rereading http://www.roborealm.com/help/API.php

I will setup my pipeline and then save the robo file to get what I want.

Pranav

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index