Serial module
Roygul from Australia  [3 posts]
12 year
The serial module wont remember by serial port. Its the only module loaded. I can select the port from the drop down. remember default is ticked, I can see data flowing, variables get set, I click ok. when I go to edit the module the serverial port field is blank.

When loading a program (Just a one line test with the serial module) port is always blank.

I have an arduino freetronics eleven and two FTDI serial ports connected to the machine. Serial Drivers are up to date. I removed all usb serial except for one . Module still cant remember setting.

What am I doing wrong :)

Roborealm version 2.44.9
Roygul from Australia  [3 posts] 12 year
Digging a little further it seems the wrking robo file that is being saved contains the following

<head><version>2.44.9</version></head>
<Serial>
  <remember_as_default>TRUE</remember_as_default>
  <flow_control_out_x>FALSE</flow_control_out_x>
  <enable_send_sequence>TRUE</enable_send_sequence>
  <port>COM1</port>
  <data_bits>7</data_bits>
  <baud>8</baud>
  <flow_control_in_x>FALSE</flow_control_in_x>
  <read_rate_index>-1</read_rate_index>
  <flow_control_dsr>FALSE</flow_control_dsr>
  <flow_control_cts>FALSE</flow_control_cts>
  <send_only_on_change>TRUE</send_only_on_change>
  <send_frequency_index>-1</send_frequency_index>
</Serial>

Note I have changed the com port to 6 on this machine data bits are 8 not 7 etc etc. Is this a bug ?

I dont think its a permissions problem as it is writing the file.

Cheers
Roygul from Australia  [3 posts] 12 year
Just further infor mation to this. seems the wooring file gets changed from com 6 to com1 when I start roborealm it gets a blacnk serial port assigned instead of 6 . and on exit changes the one in the working file to 1.

Cheers
Anonymous 12 year
Roygul,

This should be fixed in 2.44.10.

Thanks for the note!

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index