boe bot and rr
Kurt Ingleson from United Kingdom  [6 posts]
12 year
So i have a quick question, i have a boe bot with the bluetooth module attached, i wanna use avm navigator to control the bot, however in the boebot module the motors are set as 0 = stop 100 forwards -100 reverse, if memory serves me correct what are the values avm puts out ? is it 128 is stop etc etc if thats the case what code is required to convert it to what the boe bot requires also is there any example vbscript code for what i need to have so the rr will talk to boebot ? i have the code for the bs2 module on the bot but what vbscript is required, an example robo would be great showing what i need to have active and the vbscript etc etc for the boebot

thanks alot
kurt
EDV  [328 posts] 12 year
There is an example of control AVM Navigator from external module like joystick:
http://www.roborealm.com/forum/program.php?post_id=23624

You could use for motor control NV_L_MOTOR and NV_R_MOTOR variables that have range from -100 to 100 for motion control ("-100 " - full power backwards, "100" - full power forwards, "0" - motor off).

Could you specify how it differs from what you needed for your robot control?

Note that the motor speed can be adjusted by “Move speed” and “Turn speed” parameters in AVM Navigator dialog window.
Kurt Ingleson from United Kingdom  [6 posts] 12 year
Hi and thanks for the response, so the boebot module has the following specs, 0 is reverse, 100 is stop , 200 is forwards obviously indipendant control, the avm module seems to use 0 as stop which on my bot would be reverse, etc etc its basically how i change whats comming from avm into something the boe bot module can use so if avm gives 0 and it means stop a motor i want that converting to 100 for the boe bot module, and likewise if avm gives out a -100 which to avm is full back i need the boe bot module to get a 0 value, hope that makes sense ;-)

Thanks
Kurt
EDV  [328 posts] 12 year
You should use "Scale Variable" module for this purpose:
http://www.roborealm.com/help/Scale_Variable.php

See attached robo file below:
program.robo

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index