Kinect Woes
Don Wise from United States  [1 posts]
12 year
My god, this post new thread is not friendly.. this will be my third time typing this message.... ..
I am having a lot of issues with Microsoft Kinect interfacing with RoboRealm

Here is what I have done:
Specs: Windows 7 64 OS; Kinect is plugged into USB 2.0 and is properly powered
-Installed drivers as specified on: http://www.roborealm.com/help/Microsoft_Kinect.php
-I followed the steps carefully and can confirm every step was successful; when RoboRealm loads and the module is isnerted, there are no errors (although Accelerometer reports no numbers). Once I hit ok the Kinect displays a plain blank image. The LEDs nor tilt change when I modify them.
-No other device drivers or programs were installed involving the Kinect or other cameras.
-I confirmed the Kinect works on another computer by using CL NUI Test with it. The Tilt, Led, and camera work; Although the camera image is very fuzzy (perhaps related?).

I have spent many hours on this and am at wits end now. Please help me figure this out.
Thanks.
Anonymous 12 year
Don,

We are about to release another rev of the Kinect module which may help ... but can you verify if you installed the 32 bit or 64 bit drivers? On a 64 bit machine you actually need to install the 32 bit since that's what RR will look for.

If you did, try installing RR again with the next release (sometime in the next 2 days).

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index