Separating the object or pores
saeed from Canada  [5 posts]
12 year

Hello,
I am working to characterize a porous media and I want to identify each pore (object) individually. But some pores are connected or overlapped and I should use a method to separate them.
Actually, I know about the Watershed method, but I want to know is there any other method to separate connected pores or objects?

Regards
Saeed

Anonymous 12 year
Saeed,

There is another alternative called Blob_Split which tries to break things in a more sharper way that watershed does. In some cases it will work better than watershed and in others it will not. Regardless, you can compare the results on your test image to see which works better for you.

STeven.

program.robo
saeed from Canada  [5 posts] 12 year
STeven
I am appreciated for your response. In addition let me know if the Blob_split can work on the 3 dimensional images.

Saeed
Thank you for your consideration
Hello,
I will be appreciated if you can separate the pores in attached image using Blob-Split. Also I want to know if this command can work on the 3D images?

Regards
Saeed

Anonymous 12 year
Saeed,

I'm not sure what you mean by working with 3d images. Do you have an example of what you mean by a 3D image? Do you mean stereo image? A depth map image??

We are currently looking into the image you provided and how blob_split may be configured to work with that one.

STeven.
I mean a stack of images that created by a Micro CT scan. Each image of the satck is related to one layer. Please refer to example which is attched.

Thanks alot
10 txt file (images of 10 layer) of the specimen have been attached.
sec-101.zip
sec-102.zip
sec-103.zip
sec-104.zip
sec-105.zip
sec-106.zip
sec-107.zip
sec-108.zip
sec-109.zip
sec-110.zip

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index