Object Recognition Speed
Trop from Switzerland  [6 posts]
12 year
I am trying to use the object recognition module with the Haar classifiers but I am having problems with it running very slowly.  
I am running windows 7, on a Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz with 4GB Ram

I am using 130 Training images, my roborealm file consists of a screen capture (300x300 area) which is capturing an area or a flash application running on my browser, and object recognition module.  Is there something that I am doing wrong/ any tips about getting object recognition to run faster?

I appreciate any help
Trop from Switzerland  [6 posts] 12 year
And when i mean slow, i mean taking about 20-30 seconds to show the boxes of detected regions per frame, its almost as if roborealm has frozen, but it hasnt.
Anonymous 12 year
Trop,

That's quite a few images to be recognizing but there are tricks that can be done to speed things up.

In order to determine the best way to speed it up can you include a couple of the 130 template images and a couple of the actual to be recognized frames (from the flash app) so that we can test to see what may work best?

We'll add a list of speed tips and tricks to the docs for the OR module but it may not cover your situation.

STeven.
I have attached some training images i was using.[Car (1)] I am new just trying to use the Haar features to detect cars on google earth, I need to use multiple different car training images so that it becomes more robust, but then it gets realy slow

Here is a result that I obtained for a frame

Anonymous 12 year
Trop,

You may be better off using the Shape method as that would only require one template per car and not a template for any orientation of a car. The haar method will not auto-rotate the template in order to find cars at different orientations. See if switching to that method and removing the rotated templates helps to speed things up.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index