Image Processing
Shaker from Bahamas, The  [1 posts]
12 year
Hi^^
I'm using TP-LINK camera model no TL-SC3171G.
Is this camera is the same as D-LINK camera such as DCS900 model,what's the different?
Also what is the best module to detect human figure and to distinguish human figure with animal figure,If both human and animal appear in front of the camera at the same time?
Anonymous 12 year
Shaker,

Nope, the TP-Link seems quite different from the Dlink. If you are able to put this camera online and give us access we can take a closer look.

It most likely has a completely different way of accessing it so any of the current modules for IP camera would probably not work.

Distinguishing between a human and an animal is a difficult task. If you have 3d information like that found from the Kinect (which will not work outside) that makes the task a bit easier. If you have a stereo camera that can also provide similar information (at much slower and worse quality) that may also help. Regardless, the task is not an easy one and we'd have to know more about the background of the images to recommend a technique. If you have two example images of a human and not perhaps that may help indicate a potential technique.

STeven.
Shaker  [3 posts] 12 year
Steven,
Thanks for the reply.I really appreciate that.Actually,i'm currently doing my final year project with this IP camera.I need to succeed doing this project to get me graduated soon.So,your helps are important to me.^^

This camera most likely has a completely different way of accessing it and any current modules for IP camera would probably not work,right?I'll able to put this camera online.I can give you access to take a closer look.But I need to know when are you going to online?Or maybe you have another alternative.Thanks.
Anonymous 12 year
Shaker,

Can you find the same model of your camera on some other site that is live so  we can use it to test?

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index