Blob_split
John Knapp from United States  [2 posts]
12 year
Splitting blobs

Hi guys. I just installed RoboRealm and I think this program is fantastic and very powerful. I am wondering If someone can set me in the right direction.

I am looking to use RoboRealm as a way to measure the length on an item, in centimeters, under a fixed camera. The item may be stationary or moving, I’m not sure yet. The item will be of various widths lengths and will most likely have a tag end of it that I do not want to incorporate in the length measurement.  For ease I can make the tag always in the same direction. I have tried the blob_split function but because the item variations are always different I never get a consistent cut.

I am open to any and all ideas. I have included three files, two different items and one that shows where I would like the blob_split to happen.

Thanks for any input,
John

John Knapp from United States  [2 posts] 12 year
I think using blob_Replace, inner rectangle will get me the rightmost_middle_x that I need. From there I can crop the image to work with only the area I need.
Anonymous 12 year
You can also try a fill followed by an open which will remove the appendage as long as it is smaller than the actual object. See attached robofile.

STeven.
program.robo

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index