MP4 media support
Tahari from United States  [4 posts]
13 year
STeven,

Do you have plans to include mp4 or 3gp video support with the read media module? I would like to read the video images from cell phones and HD video cameras without converting them outside Roborealm.
Anonymous 13 year
Tahari,

The Media reader module actually uses the codec that the windows Media Reader uses. So if you have a type of movie that doesn't work with the media reader you'll have to go hunting for drivers that work with Media Player and that should then allow them to also work with the Media Reader module. As mentioned on the documentation page you can try the K-Lite Codec download and see if that helps. Otherwise you'll need to check elsewhere for drivers that support those robots.

STeven.
Tahari from United States  [4 posts] 13 year
Thanks for the clarification. I have the K-lite Codec installed, and I am able to view MP4 video files using Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic.  If I try to open an MP4 file in the Media Reader module, it gives me an error “Invalid Grabber Pin!” I can open an AVI file using the Media Reader module, but I get a lot of program crashes, especially if I try and adjust the time slider.
Anonymous 12 year
Tahari,

First make sure you have a recent copy of RR as that module is often updated/tweaked.

Second, if you still have problems with that particular file can you post that somewhere that we can download and see what may be causing the problem?

Thanks,
STeven.
Tahari from United States  [4 posts] 12 year
STeven,

Thank you for looking into the error. I have uploaded a video to dropbox:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24190391/TestMP4.MP4

I downloaded RR 2.24.0 and tried it again. I was given the same error when I tried to open the video in the Media Reader module.

-Tahari
Anonymous 12 year
Tahari,

Can you download version 2.42.2 and see if this helps with this video. We made some adjustments and it appears to work well for us now.

We also downloaded the drivers from

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

in case it still doesn't work with 2.42.2

Thanks!
STeven.
Anonymous 12 year
Yep, that did it. Thank you. I am still having trouble with my Win 7 computer, but that might just be the computer. The XP computer runs just fine with the update.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index