TV channel logo detector
Matt from Australia  [2 posts]
13 year
Hi,

I've purchased a license for RR and starting to fiddle with it. My first project to learn RR is trying to detect a TV channel's logo/bug/watermark in an effort to detect in/out of commercial breaks from a Digital TV receiver output. Is this doable and if so, where do I start (masks, filters, object detectors)?

Thanks,
Matt
Anonymous 13 year
Matt,

It is doable to some extend but that may depend a lot of the style of logo watermarking that the particular channel uses. Do you have a sample image in mind that you are thinking off?

The types of watermarks that use a faded or distortion of the underlying image are the hardest to detect depending on the type of change they create. Solid logos that have a primary shape or color are easier. So it really depends on what channel you want to detect this on. Starting with one will help simplify the problem and help you learn about the various filters that RR has.

Can you include an image in this post?

STeven.
Matt from Australia  [2 posts] 13 year
Hi Steven,

Thanks for the reply. The images are (mostly) 80% opaque, top left or right corner, have only a few colours, and remain static for a few seconds at least.

I haven't posted an image because I'm not sure if I would be breaking any laws in doing so (e.g. Copyright). I'll keep messing around for now.

Thanks again.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index