Preview
Anonymous
13 year
Howdy,

I would like to toggle the preview option with a button on the Button Control Interface. I am already using buttons and vbscript  to choose different colors to track but im not sure how to change interface parameters in code.

Thanks!
Ken
Anonymous 13 year
Ken,

Do you mean the camera button? Not sure which button you are referring to.

You could also emulate this as I assume you would like a freeze frame capability from the Button control. To do this you would use a marker module to save the previous image and default back to it when the button is pressed. See the included robofile as to how this can be done.

STeven.
program.robo
Anonymous 13 year
Sorry, what I meant was controlling the "Preview" option checkbox (from the Button control) in order to speed up the frame rate.

Ken
Anonymous 13 year
You mean this interface?

But that doesn't speed up the frame rate ... in fact it is used to slow it down. Increasing that number beyond what your camera is capable of will not increase the fps speed. It is meant to be used in those situations where you are viewing the video over a network (i.e. screen sharing) and you want to reduce the data rate being used by that application. In many cases robots are connected to a desktop machine via a screen sharing application ... that's what it is used for.

If you want instead to stop the preview because your graphics card cannot handle the rate (or is causing a significant cpu utilization) then you can modify the previous script to only let a frame through once per second.

Or perhaps I am still not understanding your issue?

STeven.
Ken from United States  [2 posts] 13 year
Im not explaining well- the Preview checkbox you show IS the one im talking about, I want to be able to toggle it checked and unchecked using vbscript rather than bringing up the dialog box. Make more sense?
Anonymous 13 year
Ken,

Yes, I understand now which checkbox you want to turn on and off via code.

What I don't entirely understand is why. You mention above that this will speed up the frame rate which could only be possible if you graphics card is not able to keep up with drawing the image to the screen. Is that the case?

We're not against making this modification, we just want to fully understand what the benefit is.

Thanks,
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index