Dialog Boxes
Charles Richardson from United States  [9 posts]
13 year
When I bring up any dialog such as the "Blob Size" filter, if I try to move the dialog box by clicking on the top title bar of the window, the dialog box will only move approximately one or two pixels before moving no further. I must release the left mouse button and then re-click the button to move the dialogue another pixel or two. Moving the dialog boxes out of the way to see the image was not an issue in the previous version.
Anonymous 13 year
Charles,

What version are you running? We've had reports of this in the past but have not confirmed that the latest version exhibits this issue. Can you download the latest and see if that resolves the issue?

Thanks,
STeven.
Charles Richardson from United States  [9 posts] 13 year
I uninstalled/rebooted the prior download, and downloaded/rebooted/installed the updated version as of yesterday. You'd made that change to support my 2100g.  The version number is 2.26.10.

With my first installed a month and a half ago, I could move the dialog boxes around freely in much the outcome of various filters on the image. I should state that when some of the dialog boxes, I can move them 10 or 20 pixels and then after that it seems to be one or two pixels after that. Some dialog boxes, or maybe it's just after more use, immediately show the one or two pixel issue.

Also, I have noted that if you take a control like the D-Link_Internet_camera control, I suspect this is any control that requires outside input, if you say Okay, the dialog box disappears and Roborealm goes into an uninterruptible search for the input. This is especially problematic when you're new with the software and keep forgetting to start up the cameras were put the image in the right place. It takes up to four minutes, the usually less than two, to return control to the main program. An improvement might be to let the main dialog go away, but bring up a dialog to allow the person to stop the process when they realize have done something stupid. It would certainly have saved me more than a few minutes on many occasions. [Sigh] You can put this on the low priority pile.
Anonymous 13 year
Charles,

The dialog issue should be fixed in 2.26.12 that was just uploaded to the site. Can you verify that it now works for you?

In terms of the camera delay, yes, we are aware and somewhat annoyed with that issue. Unfortunately windows does not provide a way to reduce this delay. But we'll review that situation and see if there is something we can do to improve this issue. Thanks for brining it to our attention!

STeven.
Charles Richardson from United States  [9 posts] 13 year
The dialog boxes move just fine now.  That makes it easy to see the outcome of all the filters. Cool.  Thanks for the fast response.

I understand your reply on opening the devices, especially if the driver itself doesn't allow for a task interruption.  Like I said, low on the priority list.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index