Internet Camera: DCS-2100G
Charles Richardson from United States  [9 posts]
13 year
I have a Dlink DCS-2100G.  I have tried the Dlink control but nothing worked. I have tried the HTTP_Read but don't know the URL to get the image only.  I know I can read the image at port 5001.  Has anyone used a camera like this or have any suggestions?
Anonymous 13 year
Charles,

Are you able to put this camera on the internet for us to access? Or do you know of one that is operating from the internet? Given a demo we can probably find the right url to use.

Also note that the HTTP modules need a MJPEG algorithm which this camera only seems to support MPEG.

Not sure what this may do

http://driverscollection.com/?H=DCS-2100G&By=D-Link

but if you want to risk downloading and trying that may be an option. Note that we've not downloaded anything from this site and it just came up  in  a quick google search.

STeven.
Charles Richardson from United States  [9 posts] 13 year
I have made it available at 71.111.232.61:80 for the camera web server and UDP Control-5051, Video stream-5053  Name: Roborealm PWD: testtest

I have tracked down an activeX control by dlink called mpeg4 shm (audio) control
Anonymous 13 year
Charles,

Seems that the data was being received in chunks (that's a HTTP term). We've updated the Read_HTTP module to better support that.

Please download v 2.26.10 at it has this update.

Trying using the following url in that module (robofile attached).

http://71.111.232.61/cgi-bin/video.jpg

STeven.

program.robo
It is working. Thank you very much.

Setting the capture to ASAP, I get an average of 4.7 fps over three runs of 100 seconds each over 100mhz wire. I get about 1 fps over G wireless. Does this sound normal?  Are other wireless webcams faster?
I should add that is at 640x480.
Anonymous 13 year
That does seem a bit slow. What speed do you get when you use 320x240?

The other issue is that the url provided is for snapshots which may not be very optimal in getting fast images from the camera. They probably focused on the MPEG version and streamlined that. It does appear that in IE the MPEG mode is used and you do get frames a little quicker (or at least from a subjective points of view).

We have the older DCS-900 series that gets about 28 fps at 320x240 but with about a second delay from reality ... that delay is a bit of a problem in some situations but we still get 30 fps.

STeven.
I suspect the MPEG control is reading directly from the video port on the DCS-2100g. I see from your documentation that I could write a Visual Basic.net extension. This seems like to be the best route for this camera.

On the other hand, would I get better speed out of an Logitech Orbit using wireless USB?

I will try the 320 x 240 resolution, but I am afraid that will make the 650 nm laser blob harder to find in the field. It seemed to jump out using your "follow red blob" example. Though it was amazing how many things identified as red in the field. I am just beginning, of course, and the software seems extremely competent, is it possible to tune the redness to the 650 nm range. I thought I was doing this, but I don't think I was.

Wow, just found my laser question answer in the Blob_Colorize documentation.  You also seemed to have answered my distance measuring issue using a laser.  Thanks.  

I do read documentation, but it looks like I need to dive in for a while.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index