wifi signal variable
spacehermit from United States  [28 posts]
13 year
Please give me a wifi signal variable so that I can have my robot stop when it loses wifi.  Or else is there a way to do that already?
thanks
-grindel
Anonymous 13 year
Just to clarify, are you running RR on both the robot and your desktop? Are you using the Distributor modules to talk between the two RR instances? Or are you using some other communication mechanism? The API?

Thanks,
STeven.
spacehermit from United States  [28 posts] 13 year
I am using a laptop mounted on the robot running the RR webserver.  
Thanks,
-grindel
Anonymous 13 year
Ok, so what you want is the robot to know when it has lost internet connection and then do something based on that, possibly stop?

Also, I assume you are referring to internet connection and not just wireless connection ... as the robot can still be connected to your local wireless network but not have internet access, i.e. your DSL/cable line may have dropped.

In order to detect this we would need an external site that you could keep pinging/querying in order to ensure that a connection is possible.

We may be able to use a DNS server for this task. We'll let you know what we come up with.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index