How to stop slideshow demo
 [29 posts]
13 year
After staring RoboRealm, the camera view starts to cycle through a filter demo mode. Nothing is in the modules pane. I have unloaded and reloaded Roborealm and still the same problem. I'm using a registered version 2.23.17
It appears to work on another PC.

Any ideas how to stop this?
Thanks!
Anonymous 13 year
DM,

What do you mean by "cycle through a filter demo mode"? Are you clicking on a .robo to launch RoboRealm or are you just running the application as is?

One thing you can try is to launch it while holding down the CTRL key which will cause RoboRealm to start without connecting to any camera or running any configurations.

STeven.
 [29 posts] 13 year
Steven,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Launching RoboRealm with via ctrl key doesn't appear to cycle the modules.

I will try to better explain. When launching, my camera is in the view screen. At intervals of roughly 15 seconds, the camera image turns copper. 15 seconds later - Black and white...distorted...inverted color...soon the image will show a TIME Magazine cover, jail bars, wanted poster, etc. This then repeats.
No modules are in the module pane below the image.
Iv'e seen this before when loading the demo version of RoboRealm. It appears as though it is stuck in this 'demo/example' cycle.
When modules are added, such as the Red-Tracker, it functions with the exception of causing confusion when the cycling begins.

Hope this helps.
Thanks again.
DM
Anonymous 13 year
GM,

Wow, ok, this is very new. We've never heard of this before.

Can you verify that this happens even when the RUN button at the top of the interface is NOT pressed?

If so, it looks like these images are coming directly from your webcam. Perhaps you can take a couple snapshots of those images and post then here? We can probably better tell what may be happening.

Also, have you run a virus scan lately? If your webcam or drivers at that level are producing these kinds of images it looks like something very wrong is going on with your system. I'd suspect that perhaps a virus has found its way down that deep.

You can verify this by trying other applications like AmCap to view the webcam images. If you see this same issue with these or other webcam applications then it is probably something below them.

Very strange!

STeven.
 [29 posts] 13 year
Strange indeed!
No viruses. This only happens in RoboRelm. Images attached.
Thanks,
DM

Anonymous 13 year
DM,

Fancy images! But, alas, its not RoboRealm that's doing that. While RoboRealm is capable of creating such masking effects we do not distribute the application with anything that could produce images like the Merry X-mas! You'd see a bitmap with the added graphics somewhere in the installation.

What most likely is happening is that the underlying camera is being triggered into this mode. What camera is it that you are using?

There is probably a way to turn this off. Try going to the Options button->Video tab and select each button (Source, Format, etc.) that you see. What you are looking for is a checkbox or something that says 'demo', 'trial', 'effects', etc. These interfaces are directly from the camera driver and NOT part of RoboRealm so we are not 100% what to look for. But you will probably know when you see it. Check out those interfaces and see if there is something there to stop your camera driver from doing this.

Most likey this is a webcam company that is being cute such that apps like Skype etc look more fancy!

STeven.
 [29 posts] 13 year
Steven,

I agree that it is not RoboRealm. I will investigate further using other Camera viewing software.
Thanks for assisting in troubleshooting.
Reards,
Doyle
Anonymous 13 year
Just for our reference in case this comes up again, what make/model is your camera?

Thanks,
STeven.
 [29 posts] 13 year
MicroInnovations Zoom 2.0 Webcam for Notebooks.
Model IC460C purchansed from Frys (on sale).
 [29 posts] 13 year
Steven,
Found the problem. You were correct in that another program controlled the driver. Specifically, the Video software I loaded from http://www.nchsoftware.com/software/video.html

It was selected to Demo mode. Turning Demo mode off corrected the problem.
Thanks
Anonymous 13 year
Excellent! Thanks for the update and resolution!

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index