scripting issue
Riley  [7 posts]
14 year
OK I've Really tried to work this out.

I am attempting to control a slider in pololu mini maestro 12 with a logitech attack 3 joystick.
I have named button 9 on the joystick "LIGHTS_ON" and have mapped it to the VBScript Source Program with no problem.

I wrote the following script (along with several variations):
SetVariable "servo_1_value", servo1value + 1500
SetVariable "LIGHTS_ON", lightsOn + 1500
if GetVariable ("LIGHTS_ON")=1 then servo1value=lightsOn+500 end if

I assigned "servo_1_value" to the proper channel in the maestro control module.
This successfully adds the proper value to the control module (centering the value).
However, when the button on the jojstick is pressed, the values remain unaffected.

ANY help would be appreciated.

-Riley
Anonymous 14 year
Riley,

The code looks a little confused ... what are you trying to do when the button is pressed?

Since you are checking the lights_on variable in

if GetVariable ("LIGHTS_ON")=1 then servo1value=lightsOn+500 end if

this will never trigger since in the previous line you are setting the LIGHTS_ON variable to some value +1500 so it is unlikely that the value will ever be 1. I think you mean something more like

SetVariable "servo_1_value", servo1value + 1500
if GetVariable ("LIGHTS_ON")=1 then
  SetVariable "servo_2_value", 2500
else
  SetVariable "servo_2_value", 500
end if

where servo1 is used for whatever, and servo2 will switch the light switch ... assuming that one end of the servo rotation is on and the other is off.

Or are servo1 and servo2 connected in some way?

STeven.
Riley  [7 posts] 14 year
I can see where this does look a bit confused. I am not actually controling a servo at all. I used servo1value as a default since it corresponds to my other scripts. I am actually controling a Dimensions Engineering Pico Switch (relay) that triggers when it receives a positive value from the controller (I assumed +500 was as good as any).

Instead of servo_1_value I probably should have named it picoswitch_value.

So basically I am trying to deliver a +500 value when LIGHTS_ON (button 9 is pressed and have the value terminate when LIGHTS_OFF(button 8) is depressed.

hope this makes sense??

Thank you (again)

-Riley
Anonymous 14 year
Riley,

Ok, that makes better sense. Then it would be more like

if GetVariable ("LIGHTS_ON")=1 then
  SetVariable "picoswitch_value", 1
end if

if GetVariable ("LIGHTS_OFF")=1 then
  SetVariable "picoswitch_value", -1
end if

Note that as long as you don't change the value of a variable it will not change its value ... so you use the two buttons to change the state of the variable as appropriate ... or you could use one button to toggle the value as another alternative.

If -1 does not appear to switch off the lights try a zero instead as sometimes negative values are not well transmitted to various devices.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index