Bottles shape detection
Pavel from Denmark  [2 posts]
14 year
Hello,

I'm in the middle of the commercial project that involves detecting of some shapes and compression of those shapes to the number of predefined templates. I have revised several computer vision frameworks such as OpenCV, etc. and I came across your application.

Let's say the I need to find the upper part of the plastic bottle.
I need to:
1) find those objects on the image
2) match those elements to some sort of a template (not created yet)
Let's say the major objective is to detect the upper part of any bottle on the video stream and run a template-matching procedure that will give a compression results in numbers. Long story short - I need to create a bottle-detection module that will detect any bottle (upper part only) on the video stream and will calculate matching to the given templates.

Will you please help me out to find the best and optimal solution for that?
What will you suggest I should start with?

Thank you and I'm looking forward for any suggestions and ideas!

Pavel from Denmark  [2 posts] 14 year
I just figured out that the bottles might actually be in different colors just as well as half-filled or empty so that will result in a solidly different images like f.ex attached pictures... Bottlse might as well have a stopper on top or or be without it...

Anonymous 14 year
Pavel,

I assume you have some control over the environment? Would it be possible to get some better pictures that are more in focus? You may need to use the macro setting on your webcam to get infocus images.

You may also try putting a different color background behind the bottles that are colored white to improve the contrast. Perhaps try a black, or green background. This may  allow segmenting the bottle top from the background to be a little easier.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index