RR API
Christian  [13 posts]
14 year
Hi, I got the rr API working. I am working with matlab and RR on an AI final year project. Currently the API lets you connect to RR locally within one computer when RR is running, but is it posible to connect to RR via API from another machine? I want to be able to do this from matlab running on another computer?

The reason is that the computer on the robot has a very low processing power(intended to be so due to its low weight) therefore slows really down when matlab is executing. So i decided to use it just for image processing with RR API running and listeneing on the defualt port. I therefore want to be able to get image from RR on this low computer to matlb running on my main pc.
Any help will be appreciated.

Christian
Anonymous 14 year
Try

RoboRealm('connect', 'ip_address_of_remote_machine', 6060);

instead of the 'open' function which tries to launch RR on the current local machine. The connect assumes RR is running on the remote machine as it is not able to actually start it on the remote machine ...

STeven.
Christian  [13 posts] 14 year
thanks again STeven, matlab seam not to complain on call to

RoboRealm('connect', 'ip_address_of_remote_machine', 6060);  it throws an error ??? Undefined function or method 'RoboRealm' for input
arguments of type 'char'.

Error in ==> RoboRealm_test at 9
RoboRealm('open', '192.???. ?. ???', 6060);
No edit option??

Thanks again STeven,

Matlab seems to complain on call to

RoboRealm('connect', 'ip_address_of_remote_machine', 6060);  it throws an error ??? Undefined function or method 'RoboRealm' for input
arguments of type 'char'.

Error in ==> RoboRealm_test at 9
RoboRealm('open', '192.???. ?. ???', 6060);

what should i do? please
sorted!  this where to put the ip of the remote machine
% connect to RoboRealm (assumes API is on and RR is running)
rr.connect('192.???.?.???');

Thanks

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index