DLink DCS-6620 cam
from United States  [4 posts]
14 year
Hi Steven:
I just received a DCS-6620 IP camera to use with RR 2.15.2, but am having some trouble with the DLink_Internet_Camera module.

PC#1 Vista 32b hardwired to cam via crossover cable:
select DCS-6620, put in IP, port=80, username/password as configured in cam, hit Start - short pause then Windows dialog: "RoboRealm has stopped working" then close program.

PC#2 XPsp3 hardwired to cam via switch:
select DCS-6620, put in IP, port=80, username/password as configured in cam, hit Start - nothing happens. Hit Stop then Ok or Cancel then can resume RR UI.

Both PCs have full control of the cam via web browser interface.
Any advice please?

Jeff Sumey
California University of PA
Anonymous 14 year
Jeff,

Unfortunately we do not own a 6620 (just too expensive) and the demo version we were using over the web to test is now no longer active.

Is there any chance you can place that cam on the internet for a short period for us to test to see what may be going wrong?

We tested the 950 which seems to work fine on Vista but uses a very different communication technique than the 6620.

STeven.

from United States  [4 posts] 14 year
Steven:
Absolutely! I would be elated to do what I can to contribute to RR. I will transport the 6620 tonight to a network that I can make accessible to you.
Could you PM me an email address that I can send you my IP/port info outside this forum?
Thanks!!!
Anonymous 14 year
Jeff,

When you're ready to go just use the contact form on the website to send us the IP address. That sends an email directly to us and will not expose the information.

Thanks!
STeven.
Ah yes - the contact form. I'm ready and will do that right now!
Follow-up:

I just downloaded & tested the new 2.15.3 with the DCS-6620 PTZ camera and it now works as expected.
Thanks again STeven!

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index