Parsing GPS NMEA strings?
bigkahuna from United States  [14 posts]
14 year
Anyone have any experience with parsing strings (NMEA 0183 sentences to be exact) received from a GPS?  I opened the serial module in RR and it's displaying the data nicely.  Now I need to find a way to just display the data I need (ie. latitude, longitude, COG, SOG).  I'm breaking new ground here so if anyone has an example project like this I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks!  :)
Anonymous 14 year
We do have a gps module in the works but before that gets released you should have a look at the guts of the GCS that Millswood has created. It is written in RR. Some very cool stuff ...

http://www.millswoodeng.com.au/downloads.html

Click on the Attopilot GCS version 1.25 to download the RR code.

STeven.
bigkahuna from United States  [14 posts] 14 year
Thanks Steven.  Thanks for the link and good to hear you're developing a GPS module.  What would be even better would be a general NMEA parser module, that way it could be used with any NMEA compliant device (GPS, digital compass, radar, sonar, etc.).

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index