Sony Camcorder 1394 Firewire
David Barnes from United States  [5 posts]
14 year
Since the CMU 1394 firewire driver does not work with DV camcorders, is there a solution for interfacing a sony firewire camcorder with RoboRealm?
Anonymous 14 year
David,

Just out of curiosity, where did you read that information? Or is this from testing that you have done?

Right now we have no additional knowledge of how to interface a sony DV cam to RoboRealm using 1394. If there are other applications where this is done can you mention them here? We can take a quick look to see what they use to connect.

Do you know if your camera supports the VISCA protocol?

What Sony camera model number are you using?

STeven.
David Barnes from United States  [5 posts] 14 year
STeven- This is purely from testing.

My Sony DV cam works perfectly however at an operating system level and images can be obtained from it using OpenCV, EmguCV, etc.

I am not familiar with VISCA or know if the camera supports it.

The camera is an HDC model.

Hope this helps. I would really enjoy using this camera with RoboRealm.
Anonymous 14 year
David,

It is rare when opencv can grab an image that RR cannot. What error do you see in RR specifically?

Do you see the cam in the dropdown in Options->Video tab? What happens when you select it?

STeven.
David Barnes from United States  [5 posts] 14 year
I see it as a Microsoft DV Camera. When I select it I get the RGB error (I apologize I don't have the exact error code). This is an error code I have seen in the forums before.
Anonymous 14 year
David,

Can you mention the error code here? It will mention something like XXXX format is not supported. If we know that format we can see about adding that directly to RoboRealm which will avoid those errors.

Another possibility is to click the Format button that you should see in the Video Tab and select the RGB24 as the format to use once the dialog becomes visible. Normally most cams have several formats that they can produce. Selecting one that RR supports would do the trick ... if not we can probably add in one that would work for you.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index