Path planning using Voronoi Diagrams
Anonymous
14 year
Hello
I am building an automatic robot using computer vision which will commute from source to target dodging obstacles. I chose to go with Voronoi Diagrams and I believe they are efficient since they work with the graphs at an appreciable distance from obstacles. But how do I actually use it to provide me a path on which I can instruct the robot to move along.
Thanks.
Regards,
Gaurav Kumar
Gaurav Kumar from India  [3 posts] 14 year
Hello Steven
I am waiting. Kindly reply.
Regards,
Gaurav Kumar
Anonymous 14 year
Gaurav,

I assume this is an additional track from your other thread at

http://www.roborealm.com/forum/index.php?thread_id=3427

Voronoi diagrams are better for determining boundaries of objects and don't really lend themselves in an obvious way to path planning. Perhaps if you wanted just to avoid objects you could traverse down the middle boundary between objects which would give you the best chance of not hitting them ... but that would not work on getting from point A to B unless those points lay on the boundaries between objects where the Voronoi diagram changes.

Its probably best to use the Path Planning module in this case.

STeven.
Gaurav Kumar from India  [3 posts] 14 year
Hello
Okay. So how do I then handle the problem that arises with the path planning module itself as described below:
Since dilated obstacles are black if the robot by mistake (or by inertia or by delay in wireless signals or by slow fps) enters the dilated region, it will lose its path. Although it doesn't collide immediately with the obstacles but stays in the dilated black area searching for non zero pixels. Is there any solution to this problem? Also is there any way to keep a safe way from the obstacles and even their dilated regions? (like some offset distance from obstacles or something)
Thanks.
Regards,
Gaurav Kumar

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index