Serial Communication
Jonathan Morgan from United States  [5 posts]
14 year
Hello,

I have roborealm sending out a 1,2,3, or 4 in a variable 'motor' created in a VBscript. The value of motor (1, 2, 3, or 4) depends on the position of COG in Roborealm. A microcontroller is setup to acquire values from the serial port and perform operations depending on whether it receives a 1, 2, 3, or 4. I've allowed the microcontroller to output to the serial monitor what value it receives from the serial port. As I'm sending out only 1, 2, 3, or 4 on the serial port from Roborealm (I'm monitoring what I'm sending out via the serial monitor), I would expect the microcontroller to receive only values of 1, 2, 3, or 4. Although, my microcontroller reports that it usually receives "-1<cr><1f>", instead of a 1, 2, 3, or 4. I do have the microcontroller and RoboRealm communicating at 9600 baud, and RoboRealm is sending the [motor] value AFAP. Why am I getting the bogus "-1<cr><1f>" value on my serial port?

Thanks,
Jonathan
Anonymous 14 year
Jon,

Before we check into this can you include a copy of your robofile that you are using? We just want to see what you are sending in the serial module as perhaps that might give a clue as to the strange values being sent.

Thanks,
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index