Moment statistics bug
Andrew from Australia  [6 posts]
14 year
When I calculate Moment Statistics the variables it creates do not appear in RR until after they are detected. eg. If I do a movement filter then no variables exist until after movement.

This causes problems when writing variables to disk. If the variables of interest to write to disk come from Moment Statistics they do not get written since they do not exist at the beginning of the run (until after movement is detected).
Anonymous 14 year
Andrew,

That is actually correct behaviour since the variables would be incorrect if they were calculated on just a blank image. So in theory you would not want to record them anyhow.

What you can do is to create some reasonable values when something is not detected. Thus you can use the IF statement module to check to see if one of the variables has a value and if not then use the Set module to set all the variables with default values. Then when the write module is encountered it will have default values unless something was detected.

If you are confused on the above include your robofile and we can better help out.

STeven.
Andrew from Australia  [6 posts] 14 year
The trouble is they are not recorded AT ALL, even when the variables become valid later on. You call it correct - I call it a bug if you cannot ever record data to file if initial values are undefined.
I made a workaround using a VB script to get around this so it is not of great importance.
Anonymous 14 year
Andrew,

Obviously we did not understand the nature of your issue correctly. Please include your robofile next time as this will help in explaining what is going wrong. Sorry for the confusion and we're happy you found a workaround.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index