Creative WebCam Live!
Nelson Rojas M from Chile  [3 posts]
15 year
Anybody have any experience in this camera?. i need a specifics variable like angles (pan And tilt) in degrees or radians. can roborealm give me this variables or any idea to take this parameters from the camera.
Nelson Rojas M from Chile  [3 posts] 15 year
Explaining better:

I can track diferent object in many ways. Also, i should take control to this camera with the creative webcam module. My interest, before buy the cam, is if i can take angles (pan and tilt) like variables when the camera have the target acquired (in the center of the image).

thk.
Anonymous 15 year
Nelson,

I would not recommend this camera for your purpose. Both of the pan/tilt cameras we know of (Creative and Orbit) do not work on an angular basis as far as we know. Both of them appear to just allow "move left a bit" or "move up a bit" type of commands (i.e. relative commands) that have no relation to what angle they are actually at. While they may very well be controlled by servos and accept a PWM type of signal their is no interface to that information that we know of. If you did then you could calculate approximate angles based on the PWM value.

If, however, the camera can stay stationary (i.e. not move) then it is possible to calculate those angles, i.e. you can always calculate them relative to what is in the screen but they will only be relative to the current physical camera position. Not a big issue as long as it does not move.

Perhaps you can explain the requirement for the need of those angles as maybe something else can compensate for this need.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index