vbscript to calculate processing time
Jay  [5 posts]
15 year
Good afternoon,
I am tinkering with an application requiring me to know the time to process an image. In the script module i have come up with;
CurrentTime = GetStrVariable("IMAGE_TIME")
ProcessingTime = CurrentTime - PreviousTime
SetVariable "ProcessingTime", ProcessingTime
PreviousTime = CurrentTime

this works but produces incorrect + inconsistent times ranging from correct to 7 seconds over.

i believe that the problem i when it is doing the automatic conversion from string to int for the math.

any help in solving this or maybe offering a different idea as to how to calculate processing time would be appreciated.
Thanks for yourr time.
Jay

ps stupid question but is their a DebugPrint command built into the script module?
Anonymous 15 year
Jay,

Not sure about the inconsistent timing but compare your results to the new PROCESS_TIME variable that was added into the latest version (you will have to download RR again). See if the times match somewhat or if the PROCESS_TIME works for your purposes.

As far as the DebugPrint you can use "write" as in

write "hello" & vbCRLF

to print out a message in the VBScript module for debugging purposes.Note that the vbCRLF causes a newline in that printing.

Or were you looking for the system debug print as is sometimes used in kernal type debuggin?

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index