GIGE cameras
Andrew  [8 posts]
15 year
Does Roborealm work with GIGE cameras? I know it works with ethernet cameras like the AXIS models, just wondered if there was anything special about GIGE that might preclude it.
Anonymous 15 year
Andrew,

We're not sure on that one. We've not tested RR with a GIGE camera so we really don't know. But since it would be most likely exposed as a DirectX type of interface it will probably work without issue. i.e. I believe GIGE to be a hardware protocol and not a software driver standard.

Are you asking because you plan to purchase one?

STeven.
Andrew  [8 posts] 15 year
Yes.
My application is remote blob tracking.
Originally I was going to buy Axis but another team that is also working on it is using MATLAB.
MATLAB will not work with ethernet cameras so I had to cancel AXIS.
The camera could be up to 100m from the computer, hence ethernet or GIGE cameras looking good.
But I have also found ActiveGIGe

http://www.ab-soft.com/activegige.php

which looks like it might clear up the incompatibility issue with MATLAB (and hopefully Roborealm too if there is one).
Does this sound reasonable or is the only way to buy and try?
Anonymous 15 year
Typically if Matlab can do it without any custom programming that RR will have no issues. I noticed on the page that their software has

DirectShow Video Capture (WDM) interface

which is what both Matlab and RR would use to acquire the image. There is still a small possibility that the format that the WDM driver creates is not one we have or not one installed on your system. But that's not an issue as it is normally an easy one to solve.

Seems like things will work ... (famous last words!).

At least you know we are here to help get RR to work! With Matlab you're on your own.

:-)

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index