ImageCOmaprison
Sir Issac from India  [3 posts]
15 year
hi ...

i have two images here ... there is a colour variation between them ... i want to compare these two images and check which colour has changed and also the geometric position of the COG of the colour ....

actually i am new to RR and so i connected RR to java and did the entire thing using java .. the code came to nearly 2000 lines which was finally rejected ...

so pl help me how to compare the two images ....

-----------
also pl tell me how to cut out (blob out) single colour in the image having known the RGB values or the HSI values .... ex : if i give (244,124,78) as RGB values i must get only those pixels in the image or regions the image corresponding to this RGB values ....

pl give me the hints or procedure for both ... i ll be very thankful ...

thanks ...

Anonymous 15 year
Thanks for the images.

Perhaps you could detail a little more about the way that you tried that was rejected? So that we don't reiterate what you have done.

I assume that you do not have the calibration parameters for the images such that the square would be aligned correctly? Seems that there is some affine and barrel distortion in the image that might need to be rectified before comparison.

STeven.
Sir Issac from India  [3 posts] 15 year
hi Steven ... thanks for the reply ....

initiallly I used RR to just communicate with Java using sockets ... i read the image details to java ... then converted the RGB image to HSI image [pixel by pixel ... in our own logic in java] ... then we stored the image in hard disk ... this is our template...

the we read again image again from RR .. converted that to HSI image again ..

now I have 2 HSI images ... i compared the the Hue channel of both the images and pattern matched both the images ... from the pattern i found which group of pixels varied and and converted that group of pixels back to RGB to get the colour which is not common in both the pics ... it worked ...

i did all these entirely using java .... i started learning RR now .. and i found that the transforms could make my work more simpler ....

so can you just guide me through the steps that will get my solution???

Thanks a lot for your helps ....

and the image distortion is probably because of a low resolution camera i use ... my argument is i can compare the colours in images of any resolution ... the min resolution i chose was the pics i sent you ... for comparing such low resolution images only i opted java and computed all my calculations pixel by pixel ...

is this possible in RR without so much hardships ???

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index