Media Reader does not open videos in the supported formats
pranavtrehun007 from United Kingdom  [33 posts]
15 year
Hi,

I am trying to open videos (320x240) using the media reader module. However, they do not run. I have also converted the video into various formats like mov, mpeg and wmv.

Is there a unique frame rate/resolution etc that roborealm supports for these formats?

Here is the list of errors that i get:-
1) for Mov (quicktime files): Unknown Error: Could not play media type.

2) for WMV files: Unknown Error: Could not play media type.

3) for MPG files: RoboRealm crashes

I am using Roborealm 2.0.8.8 on an AMD Dual Core 1.9Ghz with 1GB RAM running Windows XP.

Thank you,
Anonymous 15 year
Hi,

Could you retry those files and see if ver 2.0.9.1 improves the results?

Thanks,
STeven.
pranavtrehun007 from United Kingdom  [33 posts] 15 year
Hi STeven,

Thanks for the quick response. I have again tried using media reader for Mov, WMV and MPG files on the latest RoboRealm 2.0.9.1. Unfortunately, Roborealm stops responding for all these file extensions.

I haven't tried using the AVI format coz it requires the file to be in RGB24, RGB32 etc and i dotnt know of a software converts a video into those formats.

Regards,

Pranav Trehun
unlike the media reader, the avi reader is now able to read avi files encoded in mpg1 codec.  when i try to open the same avi file with media reader, i get the error "only RGB24, RGB 32.......... No driver found for MPEG"

the avi reader is also skipping a lot of frames and gives an effective of 2fps. the processor utilization remains low so i dont think its the processor causing low fps.

Anonymous 15 year
Do the Mpeg videos play using media player under Windows? It seems that you do not have an MPEG decoder in your system that the Media Player module is trying to access. If the video does not play in Media Player then it will not work with the Media_Reader module as it uses similar windows calls.

If it does play with Media_Player can you include one of the smaller files in a .zip and include it here in a post or post it somewhere where we can access the video?

Thanks,
STeven.
Hi STeven,

1) All videos except .mov play in the media player as i have K-Lite codec pack installed on my computer.

2) The .mov files play in mplayer and ill install quicktime and see if that makes any difference.

3) I have uploaded the videos in different formats. Here is the download link:

http://robiticsonline.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=11

Anonymous 15 year
Pranav,

Thanks for those videos as they gave a good test base. The newest RR version 2.0.9.3 plays all your videos EXCEPT for the .mov which we can't seem to get to play outside of media player. The .mov does play using VLC but not with the windows media player. Perhaps the right codec will allow that to happen. If you can get it to play with media player it should work with RR aswell. We will update you here if we find anything more in regards to that issue but will not be actively pursing that problem.

Thanks,

STeven.
Hi STeven,

Thank you for taking time to resolve this issue. I really appreciate it. And thanks for RoboRealm, its a gr8 software.

Pranav

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index