Lorex LW1020 camera
moot from United States  [22 posts]
15 year
I just tried to connect another camera, Lorex LW1020. It shows in the list as usbvm326 wireless camera.

The other cameras I use are Logitech QuickCam Messenger and Intel PC Camera Pro.
When I select the usbvm326 there is no picture but within seconds I get a message that USB bandwidth is exceded. Also, it kills the other cameras. I end up having to shut RR down. When I restart RR is still trying to use the usbvm326. I ended up uninstalling the driver. Luckily I had a backup of my working.robo - after a restart of the system, RR finally was back to working normally.

So is there anyway that I can get the Lorex camera to work?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em think...

If your camera causes RR to lock up again just start RR while holding down the CTRL key ... this causes RR to ignore all previous settings and come up in a default mode.

Doesn't seem like there is much we can do since we don't have access to that camera and are not aware of such a problem with other cameras. Perhaps you can check with the manufacturer as to what the issue might be? Perhaps an updated driver would help?

Sorry but we can't be of much help on this one...
STeven.
moot from United States  [22 posts] 15 year
ok. I returned the camera... the utility software included with it had really poor image display resolution (AMCAM? by MS). There was also software to yoics website but that didn't work either.

Any recommendations on reasonably priced 'security' camera that RR supports? Not webcam - I would like to see clearly for at least 60+ feet.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em think...

We've found the DLink to be some of the cheapest but that was during special deals. The 900 series seems to be the most popular.

But the Axis IP webcams are also popular that seem to work with the HTTP_READ module.

If will also depend on if you are also looking for PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom) features as those will increase the price considerably. But you can also have a look at Trendnet (they have demos on their site), and Linksys as they both have modules in RR (including DLink).

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index