problem with execute command
Chris Ueberall from Germany  [6 posts]
15 year
Hi,

I would like to execute a image processing program.
When I load the program from file it works as expected. But I want to set the program via the API-Server directly, but failed.
The module I use will be e.g. 'Optical_Flow', but when I send the following data to RR nothing happens.
<Optical_Flow>...parameters as shown in robo file...</Optical_Flow>
Then I tried to use the execute command but failed too!
<response><execute><Optical_Flow>...parameters as shown in robo file...</Optical_Flow></execute></response>
The last one results in 'invalid request'!

What am I doing wrong?
Chris Ueberall from Germany  [6 posts] 15 year
Hi profmason,

thanx for your answer, but the problem isn't 'Optical_Flow', but how to construct the propper XML. I have the same problem with all other image processing commands. In your case you are using a wrapper, but my program communicates via socket, therefore I need to know the whole XML as sended via telnet. But as I said in my first post, the given example from the API documantation 'Executing a custom image processing sequence' doesn't help. If I understand the documentation right, then I need to embedd the parameter from your example into a <request><execute>...<execute><request> sequence. Unfortunately this doing has no effect, no error, nothing. I have no problems in requesting the other API commands like 'set_image', 'load_image', 'load_program'...
Anonymous 15 year
CuBaMadre,

The execute API command expects XML as a parameter. Thus using the API directly you would need to escape the inner HTML such that your request would look like

<request><execute><Optical_Flow>...parameters as shown in robo file with < and > escaped...</Optical_Flow></execute></request>

but as this seems somewhat complex we made an update in the most recent version (uploaded just before this post) that will accept the inner XML commands without any escaping. Thus the command

<request><execute><Optical_Flow>...parameters as shown in robo file...</Optical_Flow></execute></request>

should now work as expected. Note that the both modes are now valid.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index