loading
 
Cropping using variables
patrick  [14 posts]
8 years
I think there maybe a problem when cropping an image using variables generated from point location(etc).
If these points are changing rapidly then RR crashes.
Disable the crop command in the pipeline and it runs fine.

There is also a bug on  posting question to the forum.
If your category is a module and you then select a specific module it still tells you to "select a related module for this post" so unable to post unless you select something other than module.
Anonymous 8 years
Patrick,

Could you include a sample robofile? We've included ours that did not cause an issue. Perhaps something else in your robofile is interacting with the crop module in an unknown way.

STeven.
program.robo
patrick  [14 posts] 8 years
Steven,
Attached is the program which was crashing.As you can see one of the variables in the crop command has changed to a @ and this would no doubt crash RR.
I have had this a few times in cropping (using variables or numbers) where the value is replaced by a character.
Pat
program.robo
Anonymous 8 years
Patrick,

thanks for the robofile. That helped to correct the crashing issue. The other issue that causes the numbers or variables to be replaced by those symbols is still a bit of a mystery. Do you know more about when that has happened? Can you cause it to happen on command?

Please download the latest version of RR before testing this as it includes a couple fixes surrounding the crop module.

Thanks!
STeven.
Paul Dal Bianco from Canada  [42 posts] 8 years
I have seen this with the cropping module in X end and Y end places. The replaced characters seem to be consistant.
Anonymous 8 years
Paul,

Are you able to replicate this issue reliably in any way?

STeven.
Paul Dal Bianco from Canada  [42 posts] 8 years
Next time this occurs I will look at the robo file to determine what values are in the crop module.

Anonymous 8 years
Thanks!!

STeven.
patrick  [14 posts] 8 years
Hi Steven,
Just a suggestion but is it when the crop value is a greater value than the actual image size.
I can't seem to repeat this but I did notice I had a crop value of X end 1000 when the image size was max of 960 or 970.
Like Paul said it always seems to be the end values which are corrupted.
Pat
Paul Dal Bianco from Canada  [42 posts] 8 years
Here is a scan of a section of a robo file that shows the extended characters in the crop module.


Anonymous 8 years
Paul,

We finally found that error. Had to do with when the image being processed would change size. The xend and yend variables were being set incorrectly when this happened. This has been fixed in 2.0.8.5

Thanks!
STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

 New Post   Forum Index