unable to register RR_COM_API.dll
Khaled  [8 posts]
15 year
Dear STeaven

When I type the command "regsvr32 rr_com_api.dll" ,I get an error message telling that the module rr_com_api.dll is loaded but unable to excute the call DllRegisterServer, error code: 0x80020009.
Note: I'm using windows vista and programming in vb.net.

Thanks for your help.
Anonymous 15 year
Did you login as an Administrator and then run regsvr32 rr_com_api.dll ?
Antzgiler from Malaysia  [1 posts] 15 year
I had the same problem, using Vista. The register the dll, go to Control Panel -> User Accounts, and go to Turn User Account Control On or Off. UNCHECK the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer". You will need to restart your pc, but once you've logged on to Windows again, you will be able to register the dll. "To help prevent malicious software from silently installing and causing computer-wide infection, Microsoft developed the UAC feature". Once you've registered the dll i suggest you enable back this feature.
Anonymous 15 year
And one more thing, if your RoboRealm folder is in C driver, there's no need for double quotes, just type regsvr32 C:\RoboRealm\RR_COM_API.dll in the Run windows. If your folder is in D or elsewhere, type regsvr32 "D:\RoboRealm\RR_COM_API.dll" or it won't register.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index