NXT
Anonymous
15 year
I have been trying to connect my LEGO NXT. i tried to connect it in NXT-G like you described in your documentary but when i try to use it en roborealm it pops up a message telling me that it could not intialize the port.

What do I do
Anonymous 15 year
Are you trying to connect with bluetooth or usb?

I would try usb first to test connections.
When that works, can you connect your nxt to the nxt software through bluetooth?  By that I mean, can you upload programs and get battery status?
I also find sometimes Roborealm says could not intialize port, and then a couple of seconds later it connects, after I hit ok on the message.

The more info you give us, the more we can help.
Nicthegr
Anonymous 15 year
i have tried both usb and bluetooth. none of them worked. I have been able to connect to NXT-G both via usb and bluetooth, but when i try afterwards in roborealm it doesnt.
usb: "cannot intialize device" or something like this
bluetooth: "cannot intialize on port 17.."

it seems like it will not recognize it at all. i just dont understand that when i can use other programs include NXT-G and find it.
Anonymous 15 year
Alright, I busted out my lego robot and it wont connect either.  It was working fine before the upgrade.
It give the error could not initalize on com3.

I noticed on the nxt, it connects, then disconnects.  When I hit ok on the error, it connects again very shortly and then disconnects.

I wish I would of saved the old roborealm version to test.
Anonymous 15 year
I just confirmed it.  The older version of roborealm connects just fine. (1.8.7.9)  I also know that right before 2.0 it worked also.
Anonymous 15 year
my version is 1.8.24.1 and is i said mine doesnt work.
Anonymous 15 year
version 2.0.1.0

Now it seems i cannot connect my nxt even through usb connection.  I have been using this program for almost 2 years now and really love it.  I hope this will get resolved sometime soon.

Nicthegr
Anonymous 15 year
With regards to the mailbox issue ... you need to be running a program on the NXT in order for the "get" method to work. It was causing RR to reset the connection on each try. This error is now better indicated in case this issue arises in the future.

Perhaps you can try running a NXT G-block program on the NXT and try again? If it still happens can you post the NXT program somewhere such that we can try that application out to see what perhaps is wrong?

Thanks,
STeven.
Nick Matheos  [17 posts] 15 year
I like how roborealm doesnt freeze if you shut the nxt off first.  I made this nxt program and it works.  I am able to send and receive.  Even with constant sending from the nxt I am able to get 11 FPS with my wireless camera setup!  I dont mean to be picky but I noticed with this setup I can send txt from the nxt but not numbers.  When I send a number I get a @.

Is it me or roborealm?
Nicthegr
Anonymous 15 year
Nick,

Download v2.0.3.3 which now has a message type selection for the mailboxes in the RR GUI. This will correct the number transmission error you noted above.

Thanks,
STeven.
Nick Matheos  [17 posts] 15 year
STeven,

Just a follow up, tried new version, works great!  Also just a note, Roborealm seems to run nicely on windows 7 beta.

Nicthegr

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index