No video with SRV-1b in XP?
Win Heagy from United States  [31 posts]
15 year
I recently picked up an Eee PC netbook (900HA) running XP.  After loading RoboRealm and loading the SRV-1b module, I get no video in the RR window.  The SRV-1b module shows that frames are streaming, and I can control the motors and lasers, just see no video (either black or grey window).  I ran the SRV1Console program on the Eee and I get video from the SRV-1 on it just fine.  I also ran RR on another XP machine and video works fine.  The built-in webcam in the Eee also works with RR.  So what is missing on my Eee that causes the video not to work with the SRV-1q?  Any ideas?

Thanks...Win
Anonymous 15 year
Hi Win,

Try checking the options -> Other and make sure that the preview checkbox is checked (See Screenshot)
Win Heagy from United States  [31 posts] 15 year
Yes, thanks, it is checked.  The funny thing is that frames seem to be streaming across very fast, they just don't show up in the window. Everything else seems to work just fine (motors, etc.), just no video???

Win

Here's an update.  On a whim I decided to try an older version of RR on the Eee that I was running on another PC.  I loaded 1.8.23.31 on the Eee (I was previously using 1.8.23.36) and 31 worked as expected. It seems something changed between 31 and 36 that killed the video from the SRV-1q.

Win
Anonymous 15 year
Win,

We had accidentally left in a disabling of the video while testing the last error (firmware issue). This has been removed. Please check ver 1.8.23.38

Thanks,
STeven.
Looks good now...running 1.8.23.39.  Thanks!

Win

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index