SRV-1 Motor Control
Win Heagy from United States  [31 posts]
15 year
I'm trying to control the SRV-1 motors using VB Script and some blob tracking.  I was getting very unpredictable behavior.  The motors didn't seem to spin the direction I thought they should.  So I simply loaded the SRV-1 module, by itself, in RR.  I made sure no variable was selected for the motors and tried controlling them with the sliders.  For some reason, it doesn't matter whether I move the slider left (lower value - reverse) or right (higher value - forward), the motors spin the same direction.  Sometimes it goes forward in both slider directions, sometimes revers.  So, this seem to explain why I couldn't control the motors properly with VB script....no matter what motor value I send, the motors spin the same direction.  The motors function properly when using the arrow keys on the SRV-1 RR module...in other words, I think the robot is working properly, but I can't seem to get this feature of RR for control of the SRV-1 working properly.  Anyone else observe this?  Any ideas?

Thanks...Win  
Win Heagy from United States  [31 posts] 15 year
By the way, this is done using the SRV-1b module.

Win
Anonymous 15 year
Win,

Can you tell what firmware version # you are using? It does seem like the RoboRealm interface is not sending the right values. Naturally it works fine for our version.

STeven.
V gives me

[V] ##Version - SRV-1 Blackfin - 10:49:01 - Nov 21 2008 (stereo slave)

Thanks,

Win
I gave things a few days and got back to this today.  Rebooted the computer and the SRV-1.  I'm using 1.8.23.31 of RR.  Added the SRV-1b module (pic attached).  Video works.  When I drag the motor sliders either left or right of center (128), the motors only run forward.  When I use the manual movement arrow keys, motors spin in the correct direction depending on the button pressed.  Any help is appreciated.  This issue prevents me from using variables to control the motors.  Thanks,

Win

Anonymous 15 year
Win,

We have the same issue. It appears to be an problem in the SRV firmware that you have (we have the same version). Surveyor has also been made aware of the issue and created a fix. The new firmware should be available in a week or so. Updating to that version should fix the issue that you are having. We will also be doing the same ...

STeven.
Thanks for investigating this STeven.  

Win

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index