DLink Internet Camera and Circles
Danh from United States  [79 posts]
15 year
Steve,

I'm getting my image from a Dlink DCS-900W ip camera. The image displays fine using the RoboRealm control but when I use the circle function I can't get an overlay to appear on the DCS-900W image. The source option for the overlay tries to pull it from a USB camera or an imported image file. Can you make the DCS-900W and any of the other camera controls (ie: firewire) appear in the overlay drop down menu?

I noticed the same thing with other controls such as the 3D viewer. I have two Dlink DCS-900W cameras and would like to use them for the left and right cameras but they don't appear in the drop down menu.

Thanks,
Danh
Danh from United States  [79 posts] 15 year
Steven,

I figured it out based on a previous mosaic.robo file that you created. The trick was to use the "Marker" function to mark the Dlink camera image which also caused the name of the Marker to appear in the drop down boxes.

Great function. Here's what I did:

DLink_Internet_Camera //captured video from the ip camera
Marker[dlink]                 //told it to use the current image, named it dlink
Canny0-30                   //edge detection
Circles              //selected "dlink" from the dropdown menu for overlay

Looks like I should be able to do the same for the 3D viewer.

Danh
Anonymous 15 year
Danh,

Yup, you got it! A couple modules will grab images from remote locations or produce images not displayed in the actual image preview. In those cases they will create behind the scene images stored in memory that can be referenced by other modules or just displayed using the marker module. Think of the Marker module as a way of saving or bookmarking images into memory for later recall.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index