EB500 Keeps blinking
Manny from United States  [6 posts]
15 year
http://www.roborealm.com/help/Parallax_BoeBot.php

I am trying to follow this tutorial....I have built the robot in the correct fashion (a la MSRS pin #'s).  I've downloaded the code to the stamp for MSRS.  Now in Roborealm, when i run the parallax_boebot module, i get nothing from the eb500 mounted on the board.  It just blinks on and off forever.  I opened the serial module and it lit up solid green.  Why is the boebot module not connecting?
Manny from United States  [6 posts] 15 year
I really have absolutely no idea why i will not connect through the module.  If i try and pair the pc/eb500, it does with no problem in under 2 seconds.  Now from within roborealm, the parallax module will not create the connection.  If i try and pair the two first, and then run parallax_boebot module, i still get the same problem.  Any ideas?
Anonymous 15 year
Manny,

Try downloading the latest version 1.8.23.25. We reviewed the Parallax_BoeBot module and found that the timeout was a little short at 1 second. We have increased that to 10 seconds which seems to operate better.

Try out the new version and let us know if you still see the blinking.

STeven.
How long ago was the update? I will try this when I get home but I have only had the software for about 2 weeks.

Thanks for the response and let me know.
I take that back, i am using 1.8.23.20.  I just realized it shows the version up top.  I will test it out as soon as I get home and let you all know how it goes!
i got home...loaded the formsrs.bs2 onto the basic stamp again.  It got a solid led for about 5 seconds, and then it starts to flash.  What do you think the issue is?  I loaded the serial module and it connects with stop bits at 1 but not 2.  hrm?
SUCCESS.  I got the robot to respond to the parallax_boebot module.  So, now i just gotta get the vision portion operating and that will be it.  I will post the code when I finish. Thanks steven!

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index