How to use NTSC Camera?
Anonymous
15 year
Hi, I just got a new camera which only supports NTSC format. My camera capture card can support NTSC and PAL.I use my old camera(which supports PAL format) and the camera capture card. I can get image, but with the card and the new camera, I can't get image in RR. Besides, I can't get image in Amcap. I guess RR could capture image in NTSC mode, I just don’t know how to do it. I really need your help as the new camera costs so much. I'm afraid I can't afford another one.

the camera include camera head and camera controller, which is produced by TOSHIBA TELE CORPORATION.
The website is http://www.toshiba-teli.co.jp.
the camera head is CSH9221,camera controller is CS9221.
and my camera card is evision Picolo series card.

Anonymous 15 year
Richard,

It seems that the problem is probably not with the camera but with the Picolo capture card. Assuming that the Picolo capture card can support either NTSC or PAL format it should be able to digitize the image ready to be sent into the computer.

RR cannot capture NTSC mode since RR is not hardware ... just software. It requires somethings else to do the capture which is what you have ... namely the Picolo capture card.

As Amcap also does not appear to work you will need to contact the creators of the Picolo capture card and ask them for the DirectShow/DirectX drivers for that capture card. Once that is installed Amcap and RR should then be able to grab images.

STeven.
Anonymous 15 year
STeven
    Thank you for your reply.  I have a question, using Picolo capture card and my old camrea, I can get image. It means the card can support PAL format with DirectShow/DirectX drivers , just can't support NTSC format. If I should contact the card producer to ask  DirectShow/DirectX drivers for NTSC format.
    I really appreciate your help.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index