distorted video on srv1
Anonymous
15 year
I have your latest version of roborealm but all I get is diaganol lines on srv1-b video .Motor functions work great.Can you help or is this a sortware bug
Anonymous 15 year
Can you include a saved image that you see this in? That will help us to understand what kind of distortion you are talking about.

Have you tried changing the image size in the interface? Perhaps a bad image size made its way into the RR config file.

Also note that there was a slight resolution change in one of the modes and thus using a different image size may help to remedy this.

Please let us know either way.
Thanks,
STeven.
Anonymous 15 year
It happens with all resolutions
Anonymous 15 year
It seems that your SRV is sending back the wrong size. The image you've included above is actually size 300x240 instead of the correct 320x240. If the other sizes also don't work it seems that the SRV is a little confused as to what the appropriate sizes should be sent back.

I suppose the actual image looks something like this

As the SRV reports back the image size using a single id and not actually the image dimensions we cannot detect this situation and correct for it. Have you contacted SRV about this issue? Perhaps you will need to upgrade your firmware. When did you purchase this version?

We might be able to create a new module that compensates for this issue but the best thing to do is to correct the error at the source ... which at this point appears to be on the robot itself.

STeven.
Anonymous 15 year
I dont think the problem is with srv1.Here is an image from srv1 console
Anonymous 15 year
one more thing this is a brand new srv1 with version V6.5.0.0GE firmware
Kushang Moorthy from India  [3 posts] 15 year
Hey i had reported the same thing earlier, mine is also a new SRV with the same firmware version reported, i.e. V6.5.0.0GE
Anonymous 15 year
Hi,

We made a small tweak to RR to grabbing the image size from the decoded JPEG image instead of just assuming the image size coming from the SRV is correct. We're not sure if that will help and knowing if it does or does not would help us further track down this issue. Can either of you download the latest 1.8.23.5 version and see if anything changes?

Thanks,
STeven.
Anonymous 15 year
Thanks for the update I really appreciate it.Here are the results with different resolutions.320x240 works great but the other resolutions crash program except 160x128 which is a little distorted.

Anonymous 15 year
Thanks for the images. It does seem that the SRV is using a different size than it should. We've adjusted the next RR 1.8.23.6 version to not crash on higher than 320x240 (or actually 300x240) and are not sure what is the issue with 160x120. Certainly something strange is going on in the firmware which we will verify with Surveyor later this week. Hopefully the 300x240 mode works for you in the meantime.

STeven.
Anonymous 15 year
Thanks .Now that I had a chance to try out the software all I can say is WOW.I love it.It is so much better than the crappy software on SRV1 site.Those guys make a great little bot but their software support could be a lot better.You guys would make a killing off this if you sold it.
Kushang Moorthy from India  [3 posts] 15 year
Not sure if this info would help.. while trolling through SRV forums i came across some information about the format in which SRV is sending back images now also includes some sort of timing information so that the jepgs can be assembled into a movie. do you think that could be causing this? I am trying to find the exact post on the surveyor site and provide it if i can mange to find it.
Anonymous 15 year
That shouldn't effect it but might be in the right area. I'm going to stop by Surveyor tomorrow to see if we can better track down this odd behavior. We'll post more information when we've had a chance to debug and correct it ... regardless of if it is a bug with RoboRealm or Surveyor.

STeven.
Anonymous 15 year
Unfortunately we've not had any luck with this particular problem. An upgrade to the firmware of our robot has NOT revealed this issue. Perhaps you could try the same and see if a firmware upgrade resolves the issue. As we nor Surveyor are able to replicate the issue we're somewhat dependent on the both of you to experiment with settings, etc. to see if anything changes.

STeven.

This forum thread has been closed due to inactivity (more than 4 months) or number of replies (more than 50 messages). Please start a New Post and enter a new forum thread with the appropriate title.

New Post   Forum Index